About The TIA
TIA is a not for profit organization, founded in 1934, and supported by over 800 Canadian and American members who own property and/or boat in the Thousand Island region, an area extending from Kingston to east of Brockville on the Canadian side and from Cape Vincent to east of Alexandria Bay on the American side.
To promote river safety, encourage environmental awareness and support the community.
Our Vision: The Thousand islands Association (TIA) is a not for profit organization that is proactive in addressing safety on the river, promoting environmental preservation and supporting the interests of the Community for the benefit of the 1000 Islands region of the St. Lawrence River.
- maintain shoal marking for safe navigation along the water
- support emergency response for medical aid and fire protection
- encourage environmental stewardship
- create opportunities to connect members and strengthen community relationships
- maintain member engagement while attracting new members
Why Your Membership Matters
TIA is the only organization placing shoal markers for the River Community - this is an essential service. Think how dangerous the river would be if there were no shoal markers? For the safety of us all, our families, friends and visitors who boat on the river - please be a TIA supporter. We rely on membership dues & donations to be sustainable.