Our Mission: To place shoal markers and promote river safety, environmental awareness & community.
The Thousand Islands Association (TIA) will continue as a not for profit organization that is pro-active in addressing membership concerns of river safety and environmental preservation for the benefit of the 1000 Islands region of the St. Lawrence River.TIA will serve the community by promoting the interests of boaters, property owners, visitors, local governments, local businesses and service providers through core mission programs and effective communications.
- maintain shoal marking for navigational safe water travel
- support emergency response for medical aid and fire protection
- encourage environmental stewardship
- become a “go-to” organization for river information, communication and collaboration
- create opportunity to connect members and strengthen community relationships
- engage its membership to inspire generations to follow